Monday, February 15, 2016

Determining Product

February 15 2016

Determining Product

After researching the evolution of video game music as the hardware for gaming consoles developed, and considering that my global context is scientific and technical innovation, I believe I want my product to be a short tune that reflects the audio limitations of video game consoles around the 1980s, or in other words, creating a chiptune. In this case, I'm going to create a chiptune based off the audio chip inside the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). In order to achieve this, I'll use a program called Famitracker (http://famitracker.com/), an audio tracker program that emulates the audio chip inside the NES. To figure out how to compose music using this program, I'll read tutorials created by other users of the program. One in particular is a blog post that contains 12 sections of how to use Famitracker (http://btothethree.tumblr.com/post/104644129447/how-to-use-famitracker-chapter-1-introduction). This blog post will most likely be my primary source of information for using Famitracker. Famitracker has the ability to export the tunes it creates as a .wav file, so that will most likely be the file format of the product I'm creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment